I learned generosity towards others early on from my family. My sister and mother have always made it a point to go above and beyond for those around them, especially on their birthdays. When my sister worked at the Bellagio she would always make this popular cake for the girls at the bar on their birthdays. This cake recipe is super simple, but so full of flavor and moisture. The recipe is called “Better than Sex Cake.” For a recent dinner party i decided to make this cake recipe into cupcakes for more portable individuals portions. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do and remember to always stay hungry.
Better than Sex Cake
Prep: 30 minutes Cook: 14-19 minutes Serving: 24 cupcakes
- 1 package of Devil’s Food Cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups Water
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 (14 ounce) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 6 ounces Caramel Ice Cream Topping
- 3 (1.4 once) bars Chocolate Covered Toffee, chopped (or in the pieces like i used)
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen Cool Whip topping, thawed
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees F for a shiny metal or glass pan or 325 degrees F for dark or nonstick pan. For this i used a dark metal cup cake pan with foil and parchment paper cup cake wrappers sprayed with pam or pam for baking (which has flour in the spray) to guarantee they will not stick.
- Mix cake mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl with mixer on medium speed or beed vigorously by hand for 2 minutes. Pour batter into wrappers.
- Bake for 14-19 minutes until a toothpick or knife inserted in the center of the cupcakes comes out clean.
- While the cupcakes are baking in a saucepan over low heat combine condensed milk and 3/4 of the caramel topping, stirring until smooth and blended. When the cupcakes come out use a straw or something with a similar shape to poke 3-5 holes in each cupcake. Pour the warm condensed milk and caramel mixture into each hole. This helps to keep the cupcake super moist. Sprinkle half of the toffee bar pieces over the cake.Take the cupcakes out of the pan and put them in the fridge to completely cool and set.
- Onced cooled, ice the top of each cupcake with cool whip, drizzle with caramel and sprinkle with remaining toffee pieces.