Here is the process of rolling your own homemade egg rolls (the process is the same for a burrito, minus the liquid at the end).
- Place the wonton on a dry surface in the shape of a diamond, with the bottom corner pointed at you.
- Place a live of filling near the bottom corner, with a little space at each end.
- Tuck the bottom corner over the filling and under it.
- Fold the right and left corners towards the center creating the shape of a envelope.
- Start rolling, tucking it nice and tight as you go (and air that is left in the egg roll will cause it to explode in the fryer).
- Right before you finish the last roll, brush a little water on the wrapper and then finish the roll (the water wil seal the egg roll).